AUPE encourages members to attend public hearings on pension bills
The Standing Committee on Alberta’s Economic Future is holding hearings on pension Bills 9 and 10, which AUPE encourages members to take part in. The bills would fundamentally undermine the Local Authorities Pension Plan and Public Services Pension Plan if passed in their current form.
After hearing from stakeholders, the committee will prepare a report for the Legislature this fall, either recommending that the bills be passed, amended, or abandoned.
AUPE members who wish to attend the hearings can simply show up at one of the locations listed below.
Members who wish to make a presentation to the committee will need to register with the committee clerk. Click here for contact information.
Members who plan to make a presentation are encouraged to contact AUPE Organizer Trevor Zimmerman at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
All public hearings will run from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. The dates and locations of the hearings are:
Speaker registration deadline: June 12
- Edmonton – June 16, Committee Room A, 4th Floor Legislature Annex, 9718 – 107th Street
- Fort McMurray – June 17, Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre, 530 MacKenzie Boulevard
- Grande Prairie – June 18, Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre, 11633 – 100th Street
Speaker registration deadline: June 20
- Calgary – June 23, The Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre, 1316 – 33rd Street, NE
- Lethbridge – June 24, The Coast Lethbridge Hotel & Conference Centre, 526 Mayor Magrath Drive South
- Medicine Hat – June 25, Medicine Hat Lodge, 1051 Ross Glen Drive SE
- Red Deer – June 26, Sheraton Red Deer Hotel, 3310 – 50th Avenue
Posted on Sun, June 22, 2014
by Local 052